Europe Trip 2013 : My First Journey Abroad

Namaste. I'm gonna write this entry about my first time travelling abroad, which is to Europe. But I would like to apologise because: 1. I can't remember the exact sequence of my journey (a first timer yow) and 2. I took too many selfies this time because I wanna be fast and monopod/selfie stick hasn't been invented this time. Hehe. 

So, we covered 6 countries in 13 days; from Kuala Lumpur - Abu Dhabi (transit) - Germany - Switzerland - Netherlands - France - Belgium - England (London). We (my parents and I) travelled under a tour agency from Malaysia; Andalusia with few other people. The cost for the tour is about MYR 10000 (approximately) per pax, including flight ticket, train tickets, transportation (bus), accommodations, meal (not full meal per day) and entrance fee to Eiffel tour, Madame Tussauds museum, Keukenhof etc.

The flight to Abu Dhabi took about 8 hours from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and we transit for about an hour before another 6 hours flight to Frankfurt, Germany. We arrived in Frankfurt Airport at about 0700 hours (I was so freakin sleepy and tired due to continuous asthma attack during the both flights).Temperature was about 10-14°C.
Was so excited for my first trip abroad, before that asthmatic attack. Hehe

Mak and abah, in front of the bus which took us from Frankfurt to Brussels


At Frankfurt Am Main (pron: Mine)
It was Bank Holiday today, so banyak kedai tutup.


Frankfurt main city
And suddenly this place looks like Osaka herher

Next, we went to one of the square in Frankfurt where there were many people hanging out, had coffee and ice cream etc. Back home, people keep on saying that the anak-anak mat saleh (westerners) are lack of manners. But to my surprise, I found the kids here really know how to respect people. There was a time, a group of young boys were running and almost langgar kitorang. They stopped and bowed while saying sorry (I guess they were apologising in their language). So, yeah, that day I learned that you gotta travel to experience yourself and not just to listen from others. Okay, back to my story. After that, we went to Romerberg, a square with beautiful building surrounding it. They said when the Germany team won the World Cup, there will be a parade here, celebrating the players.
The square (can't remember the name)

Tadaaa...I'm in Romerberg
It looks like Bukit Tinggi in Malaysia, but a cooler version of it. Hehe
We had nasi beriyani Pakistan mari after hours looking for halal food. Sedap!
Later in the evening, we checked in to our hotel, Holiday Inn Frankfurt and I can't remember anything after that because I had jet-lag and I slept until 0300hours the next day. Haha. Esoknya, we went to Heidelberg to see the Heidelberg castle which is located at the Konigstuhl hill. The Heidelberg town itself is an old town or they call it baroque altstadt. The view from the caastle is just so amazing. To get to the castle, we have to ride a cable car ticket which I can't remember its price.
Aww look at that..
View inside the garden of the castle




Heidelberg castle in the background
Atas bridge, di kaki bukit nak ke castle



I'm sorry, I told ya there will be a lot of selfies
With my mum

Well preserved
Jelita kan? kehkeh



After that, we went back to the hotel to rest. The next morning, we headed to Titisee Lake, near Black Forest. This is a place where cuckoo clocks were made (to be honest I don't understand why my mum really wanted to buy the clocks) Hehe. 

Titisee Lake


Lepas habis pusing Titisee lake dalam hujan renyai-renyai, we headed to Lucerne, Switzerland. In Switzerland, they are using Swiss Franc currency but we can also use Euro (€). We stayed in Three Kings Hotel. I think the company shouldn't book this hotel. It wasn't too bad, but it's not definitely the best (I'm pretty sure they can book a better hotel than this). Lucerne is an old but compact town and it is famous with Reuss river. What's special about it is that there is a bridge across the river; Kapellbrucke. It is so historical because there are drawings cerita pasal the town and Christianity (if I'm not mistaken) dekat bridge tu.
One of the most romantic place saya pernah pergi. Gittew.

Tetapi saya baru sahaja patah hati beberapa bulan sebelum datang ke sini. kuikui

Most of the old buildings like this now dah jadi institution

Romantik kan saya dengan mak saya?
Next we went to Rhein Fall. Tempat ni, subhanallah cantik yang amat. 

Wow look at that!



The next day, kitorang pergi Mount Titlis, Engelberg (3238m above sea level). Okay so this is my first time jumpa snow. Comel kan? Hehe. It is very cold bila angin tiup kuat, rasa macam nak tertanggal pipi. 
Acah je bro


Rembat je la mana-mana

This is our view on the way to Mt Titlis. The view was so astonishing that I became speechless herher.
Lepas main snow (yang sebenarnya tak lah main sangat sebab tangan rasa macam nak putus sikit), we went to our next destination; Amsterdam. We checked in to our hotel; Ibis Hotel yang ada shuttle bus to Schipol Airport. The hotel was not so bad, cuma pintu toilet dia lutcahaya okay. Nakharom betul. From our room, we can see bushes yang ada arnab liar, squirrel and macam-macam makhluk comel kat belakang tu. So that evening we went to the Dam Square. One thing I love the most about Amsterdam (or Netherlands in general) is that I think everyone living here is happy. They don't rush to go anywhere, to do things and they chill out almost all the time (literally). Semua orang nampak relax and tenang, minum kopi/hot choc, have a blunt or two, talking and laughing (without holding gadgets of course).

I wanted to walk around tapi semua orang sibuk benar nak shopping (this is why I prefer to go on my own, not with tour agency). So we waited for the to shop then we roamed around the famous Red Light District. This Red Light District is a famous prostitution centre in here and a must-go destination. Well, it might spark debates to some people, but I believe that a traveller is a person who will see things through different perspectives. Just my two-cents. So, the sex workers here either work here willingly or those who have been trapped into this industry. Kesian kan? Anyway, I don't have a lot of photo here because some people say it is prohibited to do so.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip Adik Beradik : Yay or Nay?

Euro Autumn Trip 2015 Part 1 : RARECATION 13

Jordan 2017 : The Land of the Ancient Wonders